30002 & unsure of where to ask

Ask for help with your technical issues
theholmgangedcat

30002 & unsure of where to ask

Post by theholmgangedcat » 3 months ago

I've been interested in the prospect of seeing what Final Fantasy XIV 1.0's character creator was like. I've been playing only since Stormblood, but when news of a different 1.0 project came up in my FC, I went ahead and ordered an old copy of 1.0 off of eBay for cheap and waited for it to get here. Once it arrived, I think I followed the steps correctly. I installed it onto my computer, pointed the Seventh Umbral Launcher to it, and it patched it all up. I looked around if there was someone who had a compiled server that I could join, since while I was interested in all of this, I am in no way, shape or form a coder. Which is how I found this website!

I figured out what was my first problem and solved it. The game would launch for all of 5 seconds, black screen, and then would close with no explanation of what happened. I would later find out that my CPU has too many threads, (24 to be exact,) and I have to limit them. I can do this in the task manager, and now the game launches to the main menu. Sweet!

My goal of going over and checking out the character creator was achieved. I was able to make my character, the same name and look as she has on the retail version of the game, and decided that I would maybe try spawning in and looking at the landscapes as they were before Meteor came down. This became a bit of a heritage project for me at this point, wanting to see what the world was like before Eorzea would experience yet another calamity.

I chose my start location, (Gridania), and then I got in-game! For about 5 seconds before a message popped up. In front of me, I could see Yda and Papalymo laying down in a clearing, and I got a test login message from the server. Until I got "An error has occurred on the game server. (30002)1587242282,0,5."

I figured that maybe I had borked something, and went through the character creator to remake my alt and my fanta while waiting for the server to be rebooted, if that was the issue, and I made sure my firewall put 1.0 through as an exception. No dice, same error. So, I did what any sane person would do at 5 in the morning: I went to bed, with a smile on my face. 8 hours later (approximately?) and I'm still getting the same error, whether it's starting out in Ul'dah, Gridania or La Noscea.

Is there anything I should do to avoid the 30002 error? Or is it "Just don't touch anything and the server will stay up, now I have to restart it because you spawned in"? I apologize if I messed anything up. While finding a wiki for this place, I found it very hard to find a "how-to" or "guide for new visitors". I just want to explore the landscape, if cutscenes are implemented I'd love to see a few of them, and that's about it. Maybe wearing the WHM gear for a photo or two if that's available.

TL;DR- Error message 30002. Anything I should / can do on my end?

theholmgangedcat

Re: 30002 & unsure of where to ask

Post by theholmgangedcat » 3 months ago

Well, I'm still getting error 30002 over 24 hours later (which should span between 2 server restarts if it's still on the 24 hour script.) I've tried multiple times (probably over 30 attempts?) to get in, with the furthest being able to log into the server, get the test message, do the fire dance, and immediately get error 30002 again.

But, I have successfully gotten another error too! Error 13001 - Lobby server error and a timeout message. This occurred one time and I was not able to replicate it.

Should I be asking here for support or should I be contacting someone in a Discord server, should I just keep trying, or? I have no idea if this is actively maintained or if people have since moved onto another form of communication, etc.

paru
Site Admin

Re: 30002 & unsure of where to ask

Post by paru » 3 months ago

Hey,
sorry for the long wait, I've been busy with IRL things.
for some reason the server was down and in some sort of corrupt state, I've rebooted it and it seems to work again.
Generally what you'd want to do is to create your character and spawn in Limsa Lominsa, as it's the most developed city so far.
You'll start at a boat, but regardless of each starting point, you'd want to teleport out and explore on your own.
Just use the teleport option in the main menu.
If you crash the client every time you log in, you may have to do a new character.