Painful nostalgia

Introductions for new or past players
CyberAly

Painful nostalgia

Post by CyberAly » 8 months ago

I thought i'd just get some stuff off my chest through the medium of forum posting.

Version 1 is very special to me. I have some severe nostalgia for it, but it's so severe that I can't even play the modern version of the game without getting depressed. I mean the game is pretty good in it's own right, but every time a character or a tune from the original pops up, I just remember what I lost.

The gameplay and world of the original version were kind of bad, in an "objective" sense, but I loved them. I found them very absorbing, I was fully into that world, and now it's gone. It's essentially been wiped from history, and I find myself feeling like those people that claim to have experienced the Mandela effect. Something I know was real, and I experienced, but that basically nobody remembers or agrees with me on.

But this server and the project at large have helped me to cope, so thanks for that. I wish I could go back in time and do it all again.

fidipides

Re: Painful nostalgia

Post by fidipides » 8 months ago

You are not alone, this is my top1 hobby priority, and it will take years, so it is a long wait, so I'm kinda nostalgic/depressed :sad:

Tacito213

Re: Painful nostalgia

Post by Tacito213 » 8 months ago

Same here. I Passed some real depressing moments while playing this version of the game. And strangely, it helped me in a way to get past them. So yeah, nostalgia is linked to that too for myself. I know the new version is good too. I even have maybe played more on it than i have played on the first version. But it's still not the same. And i looked for what's now project meteor for a long time. Since Seventh Umbral came out in 2014 actually and if i remember well.